Tom and Nicole representing The Ozone Experts at the ISSA Tradeshow in Vegas!
5 tips to keep your ozone machine running smoothly.
Just like a vehicle, ozone generators need to be maintained in order to run smoothly. You wouldn't buy a new car and never bring it in to get an oil changed or new tires, would you?
The same could be said for ozone generators.
So-here are a few tips to keep your RainbowAir/QueenAire ozone generator running longer:
1. Keep your ozone generator up off the floor, preferably on a table or chair. Ozone is heavier than oxygen, so by placing the unit higher up, you will achieve better deodorization results.
2. Use a fan or air mover. By displacing the air and forcing it to move around, the ozone will be able to reach the walls, ceilings, inside of closets, etc. instead of just stagnating. The more air movement, the better the deodorization in your space.
3. Clean your ceramic plates every 3-6 months. Inside of the unit, the ceramic plates get dirty with frequent use, due to natural particulate forming. Electricity naturally arcs to the areas that contain the particulate, which sometimes will result in tiny pin holes burnt into the plates. When this happens, your fuse will blow, and you'll need brand new plates. So-keep those plates clean, and this wont happen. Clean plates=longer ozone generator usage.
4. Eliminate as much moisture as possible. If you are running the machine, you should run a de-humidifier prior to shock treating the area. Too much moisture in the air will cause your fuses to blow to help protect the transformer-so make sure ahead of time you lessen the moisture/humidity.
5. Don't run your unit for days on end. A lot of people think that if they run the unit for days and days, it will do a better job. This isn't necessarily true. Usage varies due to the size of the space you will be shock treating; it's really a test of trial and error on your part. There is no written script or plan, because each situation is different, and each space is equally as unique.
Also, make sure that while you run the ozone generator, you stay out of that area. General rule of thumb is that you should stay out of the room for as long as you have been running the machine. So, for example, if you've been ozonating for for 2 hours, you should stay out of the room for two hours. It won't kill you if you happen to breathe some in, but it is an irritant and it's best to stay clear of the ozone until it has converted back into oxygen.
Worst Smells in The World
Are you in Las Vegas at the ISSA tradeshow? WE ARE!
If you are at the show, we’d love to meet you! Stop over at our booth ( # 1994) to check out the latest ozone generator deodorization technology. We’ll be there all week!
Read about toxic cleaning supplies and how they can be harmful to your health
Worst Odor Wednesday-The Ozone Experts
Contest now CLOSED-come back Wednesday, October 19th for another chance to win!
Congratulations Michelle Wynn for posting the NASTIEST odor story for Wednesday Oct.12!
"the worst smell EVER was when my pup ate her poop to try and hide the fact that she pooped on the floor, then threw it up later…It was HORRIBLE. Me and my fiancee could not stop gagging long enough to clean up the mess."
Click on the 'Worst Odor Wednesday' link above in navigation bar, or click here to submit your WORST odor story-starting 8am Wednesday, October 12!!
Click here to win a NewAire Plug-In on Facebook!
Community perspective For most of my 35 years in Fairbanks, I have had a wood stove. Last weekend, I helped my neighbor cut and haul wood for his wood stoves. We want to continue to have this op…
Hunt Odor Free
Hunting season is upon us…for the ONLY solution to get stubbon odors out of your hunting clothes and gear, check out www.huntodorfree.com!